Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

List Files issue

Hi all

I want to iterate the files of a folder.

As I'm new to Appli I'm still finding my feet, so I thought I'd try and just show the "list" in an answer dialog in way of debugging, as I can't see a way to examine this during script execution. But this script fails for reasons I can't really understand:

the error I'm getting is:

Looking at the documentation for List Files, it seems this only works for folders within the Documents folder (is this true?)
Moving said folder into the documents folder produces the same error...

Extracting the folder name using get item from variable (for the folder that is in /Documents) and using that with list files instead of the path produces the same error...

Grateful for explanation as to why this isn't working (I presume this isn't a bug and I'm "doing it wrong"), and more importantly, how I can iterate files of a folder 
Thanks in advance,
Stam

Hi Stam,

Welcome to Appli! The "list files" action indeed only works for folders within the Documents folder and you are correct that the folder name will need to be extracted with the "get item from variable" action before being used with the "list files" action.

After taking a look at your actions, you had discovered a bug in the "list files" action that occurs when a variable is used for the "folder name" argument. This bug has been addressed and the fix will be available in the next update of Appli Builder. I'll reply back when the update is out.

(10-08-2024, 11:26 PM)linda Wrote:  ... After taking a look at your actions, you had discovered a bug in the "list files" action that occurs when a variable is used for the "folder name" argument. This bug has been addressed and the fix will be available in the next update of Appli Builder. I'll reply back when the update is out.

As a reminder, all completed updates to Appli are pushed every Wednesday. Appli Builder will auto update itself on startup of the app.

Thank you Linda - very much appreciated!
I’ll look forward to downloading the update!

The latest version of Appli Builder (1.3.34) which contains a fix for the "list files" action bug is now available. This update will occur automatically when opening the Appli Builder app while connected to the internet.

Thanks Linda
tested and it now works Smile

Amazing!