Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Appli Founder Message for September

It has been some time since I last wrote you about Appli. If you are new to the Appli community, welcome.

We are trying a new format in full respect of your valuable time. Drop me a quick email and let me know what you think.

Here is a quick synopsis. Please keep reading for the full details.

We are thrilled to talk with you. Do you want direct access to get started on your project? It's free! Contact us at hello@appli.io. My direct email is mark@canelasoftware.com.

New killer feature called Appli Connect
With a few actions, you can access any web service and break through the walls of low code. A new template is available, which demonstrates Dropbox, Microsoft, Google, Appwrite, and TimeAPI.
We are creating our first commercial SaaS using Appli and will introduce Quizli this weekend at the CUE Conference.
We have new actions for QR codes, sockets, files, and folders

Enjoy our new frictionless Appli onboarding experience.

New FAQs:
Can you use the LiveCode language in Appli? Yes!
Do my apps require the internet to run? No.
Can I build standalone executables? Soon.
Do you have a feature to build reports? Yes, with more to come.
Are there limits to how many users can run my apps? No.

Let's Talk
While most users prefer to communicate with us privately, we have noticed a nice uptick in our forums and Twitter, which is excellent. We are grateful to all of you for using Appli and are thrilled to see it being embraced. Do you have questions about Appli? Do you want to discuss what we are doing and how Appli may be helpful in your workflow? We enjoy talking with curious folks. The goal is to answer your questions and get you moving in the right direction - you entirely direct your call. A good chunk of our development direction comes from talking with people like you. We are developers, too. We know what it is like to get started with a new platform.

Appli Connect
We are pleased to announce the launch of Appli Connect, a game-changing technology that allows integration with external data and services. This will open up new possibilities for app development and allow users to integrate with virtually any service. OAuth 2.0 support is included when you need it. A new template showcasing Appli Connect with Dropbox, TimeAPI, Google, Microsoft, and Appwrite has been released, providing a detailed breakdown of how to use each service efficiently. We will also add more pre-built connections to popular services in the future.

To access this template, go to your project screen, click the account icon, and select the 'Refresh Apps' option to download the latest templates. Stay tuned for more details about Appli Connect on our YouTube space, documentation, and blogs. Please see our initial blog post about Appli Connect and how we use AI to help build current and future definitions. https://forums.appli.io/showthread.php?tid=667

Quizli ? Gamefy quizzing students
In addition to working on Appli, we are also engaged in two commercial SaaS projects. Today, we will focus on Quizli, an education service that provides a fun and engaging way to quiz students on any subject. The teacher may run quizzes on any device for students running on any device. Cool! Students play a game show-like experience while testing their knowledge of recent learnings.

Appli allowed us to develop our MVP in weeks instead of months or a year. It uses sockets to simplify the connection between the teacher and students; no internet is required. We use Appli to create new business opportunities, increase performance, and bring innovative ideas to the market.

New Actions
QR codes - Quickly generate QR codes for display on screen. You can use this to link computers together or direct users to a website. A single action does all the work and outputs an image element. Quizly uses this feature to connect students to their teacher's computer easily.

Sockets - Twelve socket actions are divided by host and client. Easily set up a server and have your apps connect. Authentication and security are built in. Quizli uses this feature for all interactions between students and teacher systems.

Files and folders - Seven new actions allow interaction with folders and their files. You can load and save content as text or binary.

Appli Onboarding Improved
We have made getting started with Appli a lot easier. Account creation is painless, and there is no need to verify your email or supply a credit card. You get instant access to our 'Growing Tier' for FREE! An optional quick tutorial instantly starts on the first run. It will guide new users in making a Hello World app.

New FAQs
Q: Can you use the LiveCode language in Appli?
A: Yes! Our built-in script editor allows you to create your functions and commands. The scripts integrate seamlessly with our low-code actions editor.

Q: Do my apps require the internet to run?
A: No. Your apps are local to the device. Your data can be either local, cloud, or hybrid (both). The internet is required if your app uses cloud data or your user wants to get an updated version of your app.

Q: Can I build standalone executables?
A: Soon, you can choose between Appli Player or Standalone executables to deploy your apps. This feature will require an appropriate developer account to submit to the various app stores.

Q: Do you have a feature to build reports?
A: Yes, we have twenty-five actions available that cover everything you need, such as creating, setting up, sorting, navigating, and printing. You can easily create complex reports.

Q: Are there limits to how many users can run my apps?
A: No. Appli apps scale well because the logic is client-side. Our technology leverages the power in your mobile and desktop devices to enjoy a more robust experience like faster app loading, complete offline support, and computation. We save the initial serving of your app, updates, and off-device data to the cloud. This design allows us to offer incredible scaling of users to run your app. It also lowers the cost of running independent clouds around the world.

Q: How is responsive design managed in Appli?
A: Responsive design is WYSIWYG in Appli. Your apps automatically hold their place as you designed them. The elements will automatically scale up or down and adjust to different aspect ratios. You have complete control over the result and can fine-tune it as needed.

That is it for now. Have a great week!

Mark Talluto
Appli Founder and CEO

Get Appli from https://www.appli.io

Forums
https://forums.appli.io/

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/@appli_io

Social
https://twitter.com/Appli_IO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/90523494/

Messages In This Thread