Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm interested in opinions from Appli Explorers

I'm not an employee of Appli but a very interested user and tester.
I do have several projects in mind for APpli Applications.
I have also posted a few observations and views on Appli and I am a advid believer in what Appli can bring to Application developers.
I am curious about the views that other people have about the product.
Please post any views and points back on your Appli uses, desires and shortcomings that you might have on using Appli and any request you may have on how App;i can be usefull to you.

Creatively Looking Forward,
chipsm@themartinz.com

(09-11-2023, 10:33 PM)clarencemartin Wrote:  I'm not an employee of Appli but a very interested user and tester.
I have also posted a few observations and views on Appli and I am a advid believer in what Appli can bring to Application developers.
Please post any views and points back on your Appli uses, desires and shortcomings that you might have on using Appli and any request you may have on how App;i can be usefull to you.

Well, a year late (nearly) I have just really started looking into Appli - I wasn't able to look into this sooner because my free time is extremely limited (my day job has nothing to do with coding) and I had to focus on actually producing in my very limited free time, with no time to explore developing systems.

In the last few days a use-case came up that seemed to fit Appli like a glove so I thought I'd use that answer an opportunity to explore it properly and am really pleasantly surprised. Seems to be very promising for certain types of apps and I'm now very keen to get into it.

Having said that, there is a learning curve with everything, even if shallow, which means when things don't work as expected, finding an answer is time consuming at best.
And the forums seem to be largely company driven (as opposed say to the LiveCode forum which is largely user-driven and responses usually come in within the hour) - very similar to the LiveCloud forums and which possibly limits their utility...

Still, I anticipate this may well be something I use more regularly for rapid deployment of certain types of apps...

(10-06-2024, 01:34 PM)stam66 Wrote:  
(09-11-2023, 10:33 PM)clarencemartin Wrote:  I'm not an employee of Appli but a very interested user and tester.

Well, a year late (nearly) I have just really started looking into Appli - I wasn't able to look into this sooner because my free time is extremely limited (my day job has nothing to do with coding) and I had to focus on actually producing in my very limited free time, with no time to explore developing systems.

In the last few days a use-case came up that seemed to fit Appli like a glove so I thought I'd use that answer an opportunity to explore it properly and am really pleasantly surprised. Seems to be very promising for certain types of apps and I'm now very keen to get into it.

Having said that, there is a learning curve with everything, even if shallow, which means when things don't work as expected, finding an answer is time consuming at best.
And the forums seem to be largely company driven (as opposed say to the LiveCode forum which is largely user-driven and responses usually come in within the hour) - very similar to the LiveCloud forums and which possibly limits their utility...

Still, I anticipate this may well be something I use more regularly for rapid deployment of certain types of apps...

Hi Stam. Very happy to see you here. I am not sure forums are as popular with the users we are getting. Discord seems an alternative that may appeal to a younger population than me. Smile

What do you think?

(10-08-2024, 02:01 AM)marktalluto Wrote:  Hi Stam. Very happy to see you here. I am not sure forums are as popular with the users we are getting. Discord seems an alternative that may appeal to a younger population than me. Smile

What do you think?

Well, Discord is certainly popular on places like Udemy - many courses support their students of various programming languages on Discord, and these certainly have a following. 
Personally I get the "ick" using Discord but I do use it. 

I know that most LC developers are old-school and prefer mailing lists. 
I can't abide email so I prefer forums (email is a thing of evil - there are now over 40,000 unread emails and I've pretty much given up on trying to stay on top of it Confused ). 

I guess it must be an age/generation thing! If targeting younger generations, it's probably worth doing...

Do you have a discord server?

The goal is to hit all the critical areas of how someone can learn more about Appli. We are working on a Udemy course, more short-form videos, videos showing an app being developed in real time with narration on the process, written documentation, these forums, and possibly Discord.

Yes, we have a Discord server for testing. I have been playing around with it with Michael (our new UI/UX designer). He is younger and wondered why we did not have one. I just created an Appli server. I'll share it here to test its value to the community.
https://discord.gg/96v3NrBJ