Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sort order for 'layout' element.

When you use a database to fill a layout element, with 'multiple rows' selected, you can set the order of display.
However, this is limited to a singe key - it really needs to be multiple keys. Even the simple example (Contacts) is not effective - having e.g. all the 'Smith"s in random order rather than sub-oder by first name.

A 'table' element allows sorting by multiple keys - though I can't remember how to do that, or how get there. The navigation is, I find, sometimes unclear. 

Also, the 'nocode' dialog for layout has no 'cancel' button, while the 'table' one does - no big deal, but an unnecessary inconsistency.

Another example of navigation doubt - the IDE opens in 'project selection' screen, but once I've opened a project, I can't find a way to get back to the project selection screen to work on a different one (of course, I can simply close the IDE, re-start it, type in my password - and then select a different project).

Hi Alex,

Quote:When you use a database to fill a layout element, with 'multiple rows' selected, you can set the order of display.

However, this is limited to a singe key - it really needs to be multiple keys. Even the simple example (Contacts) is not effective - having e.g. all the 'Smith"s in random order rather than sub-oder by first name.

I've added a feature request for this; it is certainly necessary given your example.

Quote:A 'table' element allows sorting by multiple keys - though I can't remember how to do that, or how get there. The navigation is, I find, sometimes unclear. 

I believe you have to click on the column headers in order to sort by that column. You can do multi-key sorts by clicking on one column first, then on a second.

Quote:Also, the 'nocode' dialog for layout has no 'cancel' button, while the 'table' one does - no big deal, but an unnecessary inconsistency.

Good eye, I've added a case to fix this.

Quote:Another example of navigation doubt - the IDE opens in 'project selection' screen, but once I've opened a project, I can't find a way to get back to the project selection screen to work on a different one (of course, I can simply close the IDE, re-start it, type in my password - and then select a different project).

You can return to the main project screen by clicking on the "user" icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then choosing "Home". I'll make a note of this so our UX team can take a look.

Thanks again for your feature requests/bug reports!

i will add the request to be able to sort a multiple row, layout element with multiple keys to our list.

Table elements can only sort by a single key. You can sort a table element by going to play mode in Appli or by loading an app in Appli player and clicking on a key in the header of the element.

We will work on improving the consistencies of the "no code" setup windows.

After an app has been loaded in Appli, you can select the user icon on the very right of the header and select "home" to go back to the project selection.

Thanks for both replies - answers all my points except one.

I described this poorly. When I said
A 'table' element allows sorting by multiple keys - though I can't remember how to do that, or how
get there. The navigation is, I find, sometimes unclear.

I should have said: A 'table' element allows you to specify that the table should be sorted by multiple keys (or at least, I'm sure I saw that once) - but I can't remember where, or find it again.