Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Appli Bot

I hope that the Appli users have tried the Appli Bot.
This feature is really a Great Tool for Appli.
I asked the Bot "how do I create a many to many data Table in Appli. The Bot posted an accurate solution.
If you would like to see the solution it gave me I will be happy to share the solution.

Appli Team - thanks for this added Feature to the Appli application.

Creatively Looking Forward,
chipsm@themartinz.com

Sorry. I should have said Appli ChatBot

chipsm@themartinz.com

Cool! Glad you are enjoying the feature.

for any interested persons:
this is a copy of the response from the Appli Chat Bot question on 1st building a table and 2nd on Building a table with a many-to-many relationship.

Appli Chat Bot Answer:

Certainly! Building two tables with a one-to-many relationship is a common requirement in database design. In Appli, you can easily create such tables and establish the relationship between them.
To create the tables, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Data Manager by clicking on the database icon in the left-side panel (the stack of discs).
2. Click on the "New Table" button to create the first table. Give it a meaningful name, such as "Customers".
3. Add the necessary keys to the table, such as "customerID", "firstName", "lastName", and other relevant fields for customer information.
4. Set the storage option for the table, either locally or in the cloud, based on your preference.
Next, let's create the second table with the one-to-many relationship:
1. Click on the "New Table" button again to create the second table. Give it a name like "Orders".
2. Add the required keys to the table, including "orderID", "customerID" (which will be used to establish the relationship), and other relevant fields for order details.
3. Set the storage option for this table as well.
To establish the one-to-many relationship between the two tables, you can use the "customerID" field in the "Orders" table as a foreign key that references the "customerID" field in the "Customers" table. This way, each order can be associated with a specific customer.
By creating these two tables and establishing the relationship, you can efficiently manage customer information and their corresponding orders in your application.
If you have any further questions or need more guidance, feel free to ask!

i wnat to build 2 tables with a many to many relationship
Ah, a many-to-many relationship, a fascinating challenge indeed! Fear not, for Appli has the power to handle such intricate relationships with ease.
To build two tables with a many-to-many relationship in Appli, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Data Manager by clicking on the database icon in the left-side panel (the stack of discs).
2. Click on the "New Table" button to create the first table. Give it a descriptive name, such as "Students".
3. Add the necessary keys to the table, such as "studentID", "firstName", "lastName", and other relevant fields for student information.
4. Set the storage option for the table, either locally or in the cloud, as per your preference.
Now, let's create the second table:
1. Click on the "New Table" button again to create the second table. Give it a name like "Courses".
2. Add the required keys to the table, including "courseID", "courseName", and other relevant fields for course details.
3. Set the storage option for this table as well.
To establish the many-to-many relationship between the two tables, we'll need a third table, often called a "junction" or "pivot" table. This table acts as a bridge between the "Students" and "Courses" tables.
Let's create the junction table:
1. Click on the "New Table" button once more to create the junction table. Give it a meaningful name, such as "Enrollments".
2. Add the necessary keys to the table, such as "enrollmentID", "studentID", and "courseID".
3. Set the storage option for this table too.
Now, here comes the magic! The "Enrollments" table allows you to associate multiple students with multiple courses. Each row in the "Enrollments" table represents a unique enrollment, linking a student to a course.
By creating these three tables and establishing the many-to-many relationship through the "Enrollments" table, you can efficiently manage student enrollments in various courses.
Remember, the power of Appli lies in its ability to simplify complex relationships, making your app development journey a delightful one!

The Appli Chat Bot can answer many questions, and i have tried asking about how to display more than a single pane in the development areas.

chipsm@themartinz.com