Forums
Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.appli.io)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forums.appli.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forums.appli.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. (/showthread.php?tid=657)

Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - alextweedly - 05-07-2024

I have a simple app (LUTO-RNAJ), or "Tracker". It has a database table of events. When the "Display" screen is. opened (e.g. by clicking "Show past events" on the home screen), the table is refreshed and then sorted.

It displays correctly in Appli on my Mac, but the same table is not properly sorted when I use the Appli player on IOS.

btw - using the "column sorting" button in the table header does produce correct sort order.

RE: Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - efrain - 05-07-2024

Hi alextweedly,

Thank you for providing your app code. I tested on my iOS device. After clicking on the "Show past events" button, I see a table sorted by the datetime column. The values are sorted in the following order: 12:47, 12:47, 12:48, 12:48, 13:07, 13:09, 14:21. What is the expected sort?

RE: Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - alextweedly - 05-07-2024

(05-07-2024, 07:32 PM)efrain Wrote:  Hi alextweedly,

Thank you for providing your app code. I tested on my iOS device. After clicking on the "Show past events" button, I see a table sorted by the datetime column. The values are sorted in the following order: 12:47, 12:47, 12:48, 12:48, 13:07, 13:09, 14:21. What is the expected sort?

That is the correct sort order, but that is not what I see on my iPhone. See attached screenshot - but basically I get 13;09, 13:07, 12:48, 12:48, 12:47, 12:47.

It's an iPhone 12 Pro running 17.4.1; Appli app seems to be 1.3.8 (at leasat, that's the only thing in the Patch notes - don't see any other way to check what version it is.

RE: Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - efrain - 05-07-2024

Ah ok. I see from the sort icon that the sort direction is descending. This explains why clicking on the header produces the correct sort. It seems like changes in the Appli builder were saved to the cloud, including changing the sort direction to ascending, and your device is running an older version of your app locally. Clicking of the multi-color circle on the right of the screen will open a menu. From this menu you can click "Refresh" to pull any changes from the cloud. This should give you the correct sort. When an app is added to the Appli player, the latest version is downloaded from the cloud. This is why the sort order is correct on my end. Subsequent runs of the app will load using local data. We plan to add a way for developers to specify if an app should load from local or cloud.

Let me know if refreshing your app produced the correct sort order.

RE: Incorrect sorting on Appli Player / IOS. - alextweedly - 05-07-2024

Yes, refreshing the app produced the correct sort order; thank you.

Of course, I'm going to add something about this to my list of feature requests for the Appli Player :-)

Thanks again, Alex.