Forums
Appli Release for 2022-10-13 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.appli.io)
+-- Forum: General (https://forums.appli.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.appli.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Appli Release for 2022-10-13 (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Appli Release for 2022-10-13 - marktalluto - 10-18-2022

A few Appli Wednesday updates have gone by. I figured it was a good time to discuss our status.

-Appli Status
We are trying very hard to get our first release out the door. It will be a 0.9x release initially. We are almost feature-ready for the launch. We decided to add one more feature to the launch version. We are building some valuable templates.

New users to Appli will find the templates a great place to start. The templates are free to use for any purpose, including commercial. You can modify them, tear them apart to see how things can be done, change them completely to something else, and do what you want. There is nothing better than learning from working app examples.

-New Team Members
Over the last few months, we hired three new employees to our team. I will tell you a little about them. You probably know a couple of them already.

Kayla Hoang is a recent computer science graduate from UC Irvine in California. She comes to us with great enthusiasm to see Appli reach its goals. She has been a great addition to our team. She has added many new actions to the low-code options. Her keen eye for detail has prompted her to cherry-pick cleaning up the IDE. She has picked up LiveCode very quickly and is already taking on more complex aspects of Appli.

Tom Gold joined us a little after Kayla. He is a seasoned LiveCode developer whom I would suspect everyone already knows. He recently participated in the LiveCode Mega Bundle with the addition of the AppStarterStack.Tom came to us with a wide range of experience in LiveCode and other languages and development platforms. Tom's recent work in Appli includes improving the low-code editor with many new features we have come to love.

Andre Garzia requires no introduction to those that have used LiveCode for any amount of time. We had contracted Andre to write our documentation. He tells me that Appli gets updated so frequently that our screenshots and written docs need constant updating. Now, we can reveal that Andre works full-time for us. He is continuing to work on the documentation and taking on some new roles. Andre is building some of the Templates discussed above. He will also be our voice in broadcasting to the world via various social networks that Appli is ready to play.

We are so fortunate to have our new additions to the team. Because of them, we are going to get a whole lot more completed very quickly.

-Free Swag!
If you have posted in the Appli forums or provided some bug reports, we will send you an Appli t-shirt. If you do not hear from us asking for your shipping address, please ping us at hello@appli.io.

Until we do our big release, you are free to use Appli for free using the promo code:  45DAYAPPLI
Have a great weekend, and we look forward to our following updates with you.

Mark Talluto
CEO
appli.io